Breakfast and After School Club
We offer term-time wrap around care of breakfast and after school club for children who attend Brandhall Primary School in Nursery up to Year 6. Please note, we cannot accommodate wrap around care until the term after a child's 3rd birthday.
Our Extended Services Manager is Michelle Roberts.
We currently have 40 places available per day for both sessions.
Booking is essential and notice is required for permanent changes to booked sessions.
For more information or for space enquiries, please contact our extended services administrator Karen Foley via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0121 422 5336 between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm.
If your child attends breakfast and after school club and you need to get in touch with a member of the team between 4:00-6:00pm, please call 07563 027559.
7:30-9:00am or 8:00-9:00am
Cost per Session:
7:30am start- £7.25 per session for Reception-Year 6 children
- £8.75 per session for Nursery children
8:00am start- £4.25 per session for Reception-Year 6 children
- £5.75 per session for Nursery children
Children will be offered a healthy breakfast at the start of their session. After breakfast, children will have the opportunity to play with the many games on offer such as board games, construction toys, arts and crafts, can socialise with friends and peers, and much more.
Breakfast club follows Sandwell Schools Healthy Eating Guidelines and offers breakfast items such as cereal, toast, fresh fruit, milk and water.
After School Club
3:15-5:30pm or 3:15-6:00pm
Cost per Session:
5:30pm finish- £8.50 per session for Reception-Year 6 children
- £11 per session for Nursery children
6:00pm finish- £11.50 per session for Reception-Year 6 children
- £14 per session for Nursery children
Each day children can take part in different, planned activities, though free choice is encouraged at all times, and games and art and craft stations will be set out each afternoon. Outdoor play is always encouraged unless in the case of inclement weather. We also have a large-screen monitor to play music and to hold movie nights!
EYFS guidelines are adhered to.
After School Club follows Sandwell Schools Healthy Eating Guidelines and a termly menu will be on offer with snack items such as pizza, cheese and crackers, veggie rolls, sandwiches, croissants and desserts such as jelly, mousse, fruit pot and muffins. A selection of fruit will always be on offer for children to take.
Terms and Conditions
Prior to your child starting in extended services, parents/carers must sign a fee agreement with the understanding of our set terms and conditions:
- All payments for fees should now be made via ParentPay unless parents opt for tax-free childcare payments or use childcare vouchers; we are a cashless school and activation details can be acquired at the school office or a letter can be printed out for cash payments to be made at a PayPoint.
- It is policy that all payments for session charges are made in advance on the first Monday of each new week, or if you would rather pay monthly, by the 1st of each new month.
- Payment is required for all scheduled days of attendance; charges will still apply to the session if your child cannot attend the club for any reason such as illness and holidays.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform Michelle or a team member of any non-attendance on a scheduled day to the club.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform Michelle or a team member at their earliest convenience if they are going to be late collecting their child(ren).
- Brandhall Extended Services do operate a late collection policy. A late collection fee of £5 for every 5 minutes after the arranged collection time (5:30pm/6:00pm) will be charged to your account.
- 2 weeks’ notice is required for any change in provision that you may need.
- 2 weeks’ notice is required, in writing, to cancel the wrap around provision.
- As spaces are limited, we work on a first come-first served basis, subject on receiving full payment at time of booking.
- Brandhall Extended Services, in extreme circumstances, reserve the right to cease the provision for your child without notice.
- Fees for your childcare requirements during the duration of the play scheme need to be paid in advance.
- All payments must be received in full one week prior to the play scheme starting date.
- All monies paid are non refundable.
- For the summer play scheme we do offer a payment via instalment plan to help spread the cost. However, any outstanding balance must be paid by the specified date to secure your child’s place.
Please note, due to staffing ratios in club, all children must be toilet trained.
Please click on the form below to download a copy of our enquiry form or collect one from the school office. Completed forms can be handed in to Karen or sent to her email address above.
Our extended services are held in our EYFS building. All children attending after school club are collected from their class by a member of the team and are taken over to the school hall.
We ask that parents issue a password in the instance where an unfamiliar adult to the team, is collecting your child(ren) from club. We also kindly ask that you let the office know if this is the case.
Parents can use the top car park next to club to drop off/collect children between the hours of 7:30-8:30am and 4:00-6:00pm. Please note, car access will not be granted out of these times and parents can enter/exit via the pedestrian gate.
We have introduced a new, healthy snack menu in our after school club. All ingredients are fresh and breakfast and snack are prepared just before children enter club on a morning and just before children are taken over to club on an afternoon by our Catering Manager, Kate.
The initial feedback from the children indicates that they are enjoying the menu on offer.
Please note we are a NUT FREE school.
Late Collection Policy
Please be aware that we run a late collection policy; we are now closely monitoring late collections and will be charging any parent that arrives past their booked collection time.
Delays happen to us all and we understand that at times, these are unavoidable. If you are due to be late collecting your child, please contact the team on 0121 422 5336 from the hours of 8:00am-4:00pm or via 07563 027559 between the hours of 4:00-6:00pm.
If late collection becomes persistent, a charge of £5.00 per pupil for every five minutes that parents are late collecting their child(ren), will be added to your ParentPay account.